3 July 2009

Things on Sticks

Earlier in the week, I had a Haagen Dazs stick bar - simply because I was at Wimbledon and they have some kind of exclusive supplier deal. I don't generally get the point of choc ices on sticks which come in plastic wrappers inside cardboard boxes. The box is too clearly there to persuade me to pay more than the contents are actually worth. In this case, the contents - a cookies and cream thing - were actually not too bad; and if I am at Wimbledon I expect to pay through the nose anyway. Clearly, if Haagen Dazs hadn't completely inexplicably failed to realise that the short-term feature flavour, midnight cookies and cream, was actually a much better experience all round, it could have been even better, but it still wasn't bad.

However, something about the bits which they had stuck in the chocolate coating meant that it somehow ended up tasting more like a biscuit than either a chocolate or an ice cream. And I have now had several Magnums, and the excessive ice cream to chocolate ratio is becoming increasingly irksome. So my favourite chocolate thing on a stick is officially the Thorntons Chocolate Trio - where even the white chocolate ice cream tastes dreamy and chocolatey. Sadly, they are about as easy to find in this part of London as a snow leopard, or a post office, or somewhere that makes a decent pizza...

No comments:

Post a Comment